Saturday, February 16, 2008

So Then There's This...

I got off work like three hours early last night. I love it. Driving home at 3:30 AM with no cars on the freeway is a beautiful thing. Even more beautiful, I taped the Blue Jackets/Red Wings game last night so I could watch the whole thing when I got off. The Jackets played amazing hockey on all fronts, and we smashed them 5-1. That extends their losing streak to 5 games, and gives us some good momentum going into Sunday's match against St. Louis. Here's hoping the guys can pull down some solid points on this road trip.

Kind of an aside--does anyone think it's weird and/or stupid to refer to your favorite team as 'us' or 'we'? I used to think it was dumb, but I find myself caring less and doing it more. Hmm...

Moving on.

My cat has been sitting here staring at me for at least a half hour. I wonder what she's thinking? Occasionally she'll make a small noise or two to get my attention. It's kinda funny, because if I say something to her she'll make more noises at me. I hope those noises mean things like 'I like you' or 'you're my favorite human'.

She's probably saying 'get off the damn computer and give me food', though.

And now, because I'm feeling random today, I present a list of likes and dislikes:

LIKES:
-my mom's vegetable lasagna
-Akira Kurosawa movies
-getting off work early (as mentioned above)
-Conan O'Brien with a beard
-colored vinyl
-Project Runway
-Jared Boll
-Vespas
-looking in the mirror when I wake up and seeing how messed up my hair is
-Natalie Portman
-old-timey bicycles (and bicycles in general)
-studio apartments
-the sound of a slap shot
-taffy (laffy or otherwise)
-The Office
-coffee/coffee shops
-purring cats
-slightly burnt English Muffins
-old books (what is it about that smell?)
-green eyes

DISLIKES:
-cars
-papercuts
-squash (no matter how many times I try it, I just cannot get into it)
-most upscale places (I feel out of place and uncomfortable)
-shoveling the driveway
-the Detroit Red Wings
-the word 'guestimate'
-guys who act tough all the time (or who think it's cool to be violent and stupid)
-humidity
-shaving during the winter
-long fingernails
-any guitar that has a handle carved out of the body
-pointy guitars
-the tab on this can of mandarin oranges that just broke off
-my job (sort of a given)
-nosebleeds
-hospitals
-Hummers (who even needs one of those in the suburbs anyway?)
-rudeness
-socks with sandals

Well, that's pretty good for off the top of my head, I guess. I like making 'Likes' lists more, I must admit. It's fun to see what pops into your mind when you're thinking of either one, though.

I'm gonna go figure out a way to open these oranges now.

No comments: