Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Random Tidbits In Heavy Syrup

Hi all,

I'd like to start off by saying that I've found something amazing that I had previously not tried before: mini tacos. These things are just the best. I ate some for lunch, and they were quite satisfying--definitely better than any other heat-and-eat foods. Take that, Hot Pockets!

I've got about five and-a-half hours before I have to be at work, and I'm going to be spending a good part of that time getting stuff together to get rid of. I'm going to be moving soon (within the next few months) and I want it to be as easy as possible. I remember the last time I moved I was able to transport all of my possessions in one trip in my car, which at the time was an '89 Toyota Corolla. I have since acquired a lot of stuff that I simply do not need. It'll be good to thin things back out again.

There's this 70 year-old guy I work with named Claude. In true old-guy fashion, he complains about everything to anybody who'll listen. I really like the nights when he's there. Last night he was telling me how I've become a horrible worker, and that I'm not worth a plugged nickel. What could I do but agree with him? It's so funny to get him going--he will talk constantly, interrupt you, raise his voice, and then just say things that do not make sense at all. It is awesome. Plus, he just got a company ball cap that he's been wearing to work, and it's always crooked. You kind of have to be there for the effect of it, but I assure you, readers, that that combined with everything else is just hilarious. It's like the icing on a big, crabby cake that smells like prunes and Bengay and Werther's Originals.

I was driving past a car dealership the other day, and I noticed that they had a bunch of those new Smart Cars. You know, those really little cars? That's what they're called, right? Anyway, I don't know what it is about those things, but I am strangely drawn to them. I laugh every time I see one, but not in a mocking way. I think I'd really like to have one. They seem like they'd be fun to zoom around in. I think they top out at about 90 MPH, but I never go that fast anyway. I'm gonna get on their website and get some details, I think.

I've been steadily working on my cartoons for the past few days, which feels good. I'm getting the first batch finished up, so hopefully I'll have some up within the next day or two.

Until next time, guys.

2 comments:

~B~ said...

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/jstreet557/?action=view¤t=Picture1876.jpg border="0" alt="Dirty old man">

Jon, you're not worth a plugged nickel.

Jon said...

Haha, Claude's a bit older-looking, and a bit more of a hillbilly. Thanks, though.